After more than twenty years practicing, Marc has earned the respect of his peers as a premier criminal litigator on the North side of Atlanta. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review RatingsTM ranks Mr. Cunat as a Preeminent Lawyer, awarding him the highest rating available, AV.
Marc N. Cunat graduated from Wabash College (Crawfordsville, IN) in 1984 and from University of Dayton School of Law, cum laude, in 1991. Marc graduated in the top 10% of his class and was the recipient of several honors including the American Jurisprudence Award for Legal Profession III. He has been a member of the State Bar of Georgia since 1991 and for over 20 years Marc has defended people accused of crimes in the Superior, State, and Juvenile Courts of Georgia.
Marc began his career as a Fulton County Public Defender before moving to the Blue Ridge Judicial Circuit (Forsyth County & Cherokee County) as an Assistant District Attorney prosecuting felony cases. In 1997, Marc entered private practice emphasizing criminal defense while also working on civil litigation matters.
Marc has represented defendants in a wide variety of criminal cases, including high-profile clients. Representative cases include: Murder, Rape, Sexual Offenses, Theft, Drug Cases, DUI, Family Violence, Juvenile Delinquency, Traffic Citations and all other general felonies and misdemeanors.
In addition to defending people accused of crimes Marc is a sustaining member the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Forsyth County Bar Association, the Forsyth County Criminal Defense Bar, and the former Chairman of the Forsyth County at Risk Children's Committee.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense 45%
- DUI & DWI 15%
- Sex Crimes 15%
- All Felonies / Misdemeanor 15%
- Juvenile Law 10%
- Georgia, 1991
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. - 1991
- Honors: cum laude
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana
- B.A. - 1984
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- AV Rated Martindale-Hubbell, 2010 - 2015
- American Jurisprudence Award - Excellent achievement in the study of Legal Profession III, 1989
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Bar Association, Member, 1991 to 2015
- GA Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer, Member, 1997 to 2015
Past Employment Positions
- Bell-Forsyth Judicial Circuit, Assistant District Attorney, 1995 to 1997
- Fulton County Public Defender's Office, Trial Lawyer, 1991 to 1993
Pro Bono Activities
- Chairman at Risk Children's Committee
- Kappa Sigma